Self Introduction [Revised] 28 January 2018

To: Brad Blackstone
From: Yun Yue Tan
Date: 24th January 2018
Subject: Self Introduction

Dear Mr Brad Blackstone,

My name is Tan Yun Yue, currently a hospitality business undergraduate from Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). I previously graduated from Singapore Polytechnic with a diploma in hotel leisure facilities management where I took on the specialization in the facilities field and took on an internship at CapitaLand Limited.  

Upon graduation, being unsure about which career path to pursue my degree, I took a gap year. Within the course of one year, I travelled to various countries with my family and saw how people in the hospitality industry could bring smiles to their guest. I also took up part-time job as an event promoter, mending the play corner and promoting playdoh set. These experiences made me realise that I find happiness in interacting with people and putting smiles on their faces which led me to choose this course.

On strengths and weaknesses, I find that I am a good listener who is willing to give a listening ear to people’s full perspective. I would also try to emphasize with them before giving them an opinion of my own. I am also willing to take any criticism in my stride and reflect to see how I can improve on myself. However, I lack confidence when required to present in front of a group of people which resulted in me speaking faster and blushing.

Through this module, I hope that I would be less afraid to step out of my comfort zone to confidently speak up in front of a crowd while clearly articulating my ideas to them. I would also hope to improve my writing skills by presenting my ideas in a clear and concise manner.

The list of people that I have commented are Shafique, Venus and Jin. 

With Regards,
Yun Yue

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts